Sunday, April 27, 2008

Playing with Alcohal


Last night I took a scrapping class tought by Ali Edwards of Creating Keepsakes. She had us play with alcohal inks on acrylic albums. I had so much fun with it I had to give it a try on transperancy sheets for use on a card. I love the results! Because the background has such an organic pattern and feel I felt the leaf stamp and botanical stamp were the perfect match to take center stage on this card. I love these stamps by Starving Artistamps.

I first stamped the text and then positioned the branch over it with emobossing ink. Spread on a little copper emobossing powder then heat and you've got yourself a beautiful image. I wanted to have some of the leave extend "off the page" so I used my exacto to cut out the side of the pannel.

For more info on the alcohal inks and what I made in the Ali class please see my blog.

No comments: