Sunday, June 29, 2008

Something new (nothing borrowed, nothing blue)

Poor Knight. I guess he should have tried to rescue Rapunsel. She would have sent down her hair for sure, but not Princess Winnifred... She's too worried about split ends to let her hero ascend her lovely locks!

This card was one of those "I dont quite know where im going with this" cards. I new I wanted to do the surf's up with the sun behind it. Originally I was going to put the sentiment on the surfboard, but then things just went crazy from there. My original idea was to make the background look like a painted grass weave "fabric". Not sure I pulled it off with this card but what the heck, I figured I'd show you anyway.

2 comments:

DoodleFactory said...

these look great. The surfboard tiki dude makes me want to drink a capri sun or something!+ I love the coloring on the castle card.

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are way too cute!!! Your coloring is fantastic, and I am really loving how you colored that water!!