Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pretty Pink Asters & Stamper's Magic Tape

I just love these Large Silhouette flowers Asters FS-5 by Starving Artistamps! I chose to stamp them in Pink Pirouette and use a sponge dauber for the edges with Riding Hood Red ink. The frame is 31.02. I thought it would be fun to use a transparency sheet as a mask so I could stamp the flowers in the frames only. So I cut out the 4 windows from it. Once I had that stamped - I used my Stampers Magic Tape (info on that below) and cut it to the same size as my main image then adhered it. Next, I took the top layer (the tape is double-sided) and placed clear microbeads directly on top. It adds a lot of subtle dimension to the focal image. The microbeads stick really well to it! I finished off my card with a row of flowers on the pink pirouette base & thought sponging would add a nice detail to the card (makes a big difference to me!)

Stampers Magic Tape. I know as stampers we are always in search of the best, most economical tapes for our paper crafting.

There are a variety of widths available suitable for your needs:
1/4" wide x 36 yards long (that's 108 feet of tape)
1/2" wide x 36 yards long
3/4" wide x 36 yards long -im told this size is great for book binding.
4" wide x 18 yards long (that's 54 feet of 4" wide tape)
6x10" sheets

This tape is:
Embossable
Double sided, extra sticky, Acid Free!
Great for Rubber Stamping
Great for Scrapbooking
Great for photo mounting.
Apply Foils
Glitter
Gold leaf
Mica powders, Pearl Ex, Embossing Powders
Can be used for transparencies and vellum! See Natasha's blog post
Can be used to apply beads (as shown on my card above)

2 comments:

Natasha said...

This card is absolutely breathtaking! The microbeads look amazing with this image. Gorgeous!

dawnmercedes said...

wow! I love those asters too!