Sunday, October 12, 2008

More new cards...

Here are a few new non-Halloween cards. Most of these were made during some down time at the York, PA stamp show.

I thought it would be cool to use a part of the solid bricks background to make a wall to a building. This is my favorite card of the group. I love the perspective.


These owls were colored as part of my copic demonstration at the show. I figured I'd put them to work on this card. This card also uses the no effort mosaic tile technique (instructions on the website http://www.starvingartistamps.com/ ) on the solid bricks background stamp with the ornate tooled leather background and the branch stamp.



I have wanted to do this first card for a while. Although I released these brick background stamps several months after the release of the DoodleFactory Urban set I had these made long before and they were the reason why I commissioned Irene to doodle the Urban set in the first place. I knew I wanted to do some graffiti style stamps and I wanted a spray paint dude. Little did I know at the time we would have two and one would be a skunk and the other a mole of all things! (as is what typically happens when Irene is involved!) Anyway so once I had the brick backgrounds made into rubber I came up with this idea for the broken wall. I call this card my Yapples cool aid card because whenever I look at it I picture that cool aid guy bursting thru the wall saying "OH YEAH!!!"


Ah, cupcakes. This card uses a new set called Simple Birthday. I thought having two different sizes of cupcakes could be quite useful. The big cupcake is big enough to stand on its own as a focal point and the little guys sure do look cute all stacked up! Polka dot background is one of our background stamps too. This card was a serious labor of love. I didnt think it would come together but in the end it all worked out and Im really happy with it. I think Yapples is one of the most versatile stamps in the DF collection, he can eat stuff, he can yell, he can jump up and down.

1 comment:

Rose Ann said...

Great job with those bricks!! I love how you've colored your owls, Yapples breaking through the wall, and Yapples with the cupcakes!! Fantastic!!