Tuesday, April 7, 2009

счастливая пасха!!!!!

I have wanted to make a Russian Icon since I saw the Doodle Factory images and just haven't had the time!!

They're perfect for this because they're mysterious and sad.

I studied Slavic Linguistics in grad school and loved the icons, so I thought I'd make an Easter icon out of Stewie... If you've never seen a traditional icon, this is what they look like.And this is what they look like in the Doodle Factory.

I used Russian text I printed from my computer (recycled from my Christmas card) on the right and sponged it with red ink. The blue paper is Basic Grey Marrakech. I hand cut the cross and decorated it with a silver Pentel. I wrote the russian word for Easter on the horizontal strip.
I traced a circle from a piece I punched with a black felt tip marker and then filled it in with gold Pentel for his halo. I colored the torn edge with a gold pentel and mounted it on brushed gold cardstock.

счастливая пасха!!!

3 comments:

DoodleFactory said...

hehe, I love the way you think, Lydia. This is awesome.

Muffin said...

Great card, I love Stewie like this (and any other way)!

T said...

Very fun card!