Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kitties up to no good

I have been on bed rest patiently waiting for my twin girls to get closer to their due date and have not been able to climb the stairs to my studio for a few months. I decided that it wouldn't stop me from being able to stamp. I was inspired by some watercolored cards designer Dawn Mercedes had done a while back also using our Here Kitty, Kitty collections (http://starvingartistampsgallery.blogspot.com/search/label/Here%20Kitty%20Kitty%201)

And so here is my first of what will hopefully end up being several limited supply cards. I brought down a pad of watercolor papers, a pack of peerless watercolors, a few watercolor brushes and some adhesives. I think I have some more practice to put in with the watercolors but I did enjoy being able to create again and having so many colors at my disposal in a very limited amount of space.


Materials used:

Starving Artistamps Here kitty Kitty collection II, Up to no good set of 4 images

Stampers Magic POP tape to 3D all the kitties:

1/4" Red Liner Tape for the fish tank and the torn layer

Peerless watercolors

Black cardstock

140# Strathmore watercolor cold press

2 comments:

Donna said...

T, it's fabulous and funny! Please, do more...I wanna see more!

dawnmercedes said...

Oooh fabulous sceen...some of those kitty examples are Jenn's too!