Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grout Mosaics

These first two cards are using the rectangle GROUT mosaic. These cards were (heavily) inspired by a card that Mary Garvey gave me. OK, in actuality.. I was trying to duplicate a card she had given me. I had that card on display for the last year and a half at the stamps shows and as with alot of well loved items it was starting to show its miles. Thousands of people oggled and fondled it and it was on its last legs. I knew I had to recreate it. So this week I made it a point to get into my studio and work on some cards. I started these with a full sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper and stamped the mini pansy, leaves and washiflies randomly. Then I stamped the rectangle grout in black ink on top. I cut it out and layered it.
I was working from memory since the card is carefully tucked away in the trailer waiting to take its final bow at the Novi, Michigan Heirloom Productions rubber stamp show in August (host information here: www.heirloompro.com)




This last one is not showing its true colors. In real life this Retro grout design is embossed in gold and the colors are a sherbert-ish pastel. I'm not sure if I will add something on top, I contemplated some butterflies but I dont know, I kind of like it as it is. Reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright style. Im enjoying its uncluttered simplicity (something I rarely have in my own life! )

No comments: